Sunday, November 27, 2011

Annotated Bibliography

http://socialmediatoday.com/eric-goldstein/292201/top-ten-reasons-why-twitter-not-stupid-and-why-you-should-care

The 1st article I read about is more for a bushiness minded approach towards twitter however nonetheless expresses the same general opinion I want to express, that twitter is actually helpful. In a most basic sense this is just a "top 10" list as to how twitter is helpful in the business and personal world. For me I will utilize most of this information in the beginning of my Digital story as more or less background information on the personal uses of twitter and how it is beneficial to the everyday person. However near the end of the list it does reveal some very useful information on activism which i could use in the latter parts of my presentation which will be more focused on activism and social justice.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/01/14/the_first_twitter_revolution

In my second article I decided to turn the focus to a more pressing matter, that being what some call the "First Twitter Revolution". The protests in Tunisia which started the entire domino effect throughout the middle east. The article however features both the revolution in Tunisia and the "Green Movement" in Iran both of which had a emphasis on social media helping the outside world and those inside the countries express their feelings on the government. I plan on getting a large amount of my research from this source and it will be used in the latter part of my Digital story where I plan on focusing on individual countries revolutions and how Twitter has helped them secure more freedoms

http://www.blogger.com/%20http://rt.com/news/twitter-ows-protest-censorship-653

This third article is by far my favorite article as it features the occupy wall street movement, a movement of which I am an avid supporter of. This article however shows a more dark side of twitter which I find quite interesting, it spotlights how twitter blocked #OWS as a trending topic. I am planing on doing more of a argumentative type Digital story so this will work perfectly as a way to show the other side of the twitter argument.

http://fbme.wordpress.com/2009/10/12/how-sharing-information-has-changed-twitter-effect-today%E2%80%99s-society-by-james-alan-freeman/

My fourth article is a general article about how information sharing has changed since Twitter became main stream and the increased speed of the spread of information. The intro of this article really grabs your attention with its reference to 9/11. I plan on utilizing this article in almost every part of my digital story including my intro and rebudle as this article has many very insightful points

http://www.socialmediaonline.com/benefits-you-could-obtain-from-twitter/

This last article is by far my weakest article as it just features the business advantages of twitter as a advertising agent however it still falls under my basic premise for my digital story so I plan on using it to its fullest potential

2 comments: